WIJ VERWELKOMEN GRAAG NIEUWE COLLEGA'S V/M IN DE FUNCTIE VAN;
LEAD UI/UX DESIGNER
ChainCargo is looking for an experienced Lead UI/UX Designer, who is passionate about
making beautiful and intuitive user interfaces, is a knowledge expert when it comes to all
things UIUX and always tries to stay updated on the latest design and technology trends.
What we offer
• A great opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing logistics start-up.
• The opportunity to grow within the company.
• An informal, transparent, international and open culture.
• A monthly gross salary between €3500 - €4500 (depending on fit and experience).
• Extra vacation days.
• Other perks: travel allowance, a pension plan, a gym membership, team building
Who are you?
As ChainCargo’s Lead UI/UX Designer you are expected to be a balanced, holistic thinker who is not only a talented designer, but also a leader who pushes constantly for the best. You are a skilled communicator, you can listen, filter and bridge different viewpoints.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, improvement motivated person who doesn’t want to
stand still. We have an open environment where we challenge each other and ourselves, so
you should be willing to do the same while being humble and never be afraid to say: "I don't know."
▪ At least 5 years of experience of UI Design, with evidence of delivering pixel-perfect
design specs for complex iterations with user interfaces, taking requirements and
use-cases, and converting them into wireframe prototypes all the way to final highfidelity designs.
▪ Advanced knowledge of a design tool such as Adobe XD (preferred), Sketch or Figma.
▪ Experience building design components, setting design patterns, and constructing a
design system as part of a long-term design strategy.
▪ Experience building and leading a design team, providing training and guidance for
less experienced designers.
▪ Business fluency in English, both written and spoken.
▪ Evidence of task management, managing lead times and prioritizing workload.
▪ Knowledge of User Experience disciplines including User Research, Information
Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, and UI Engineering.
▪ Good understanding of UX principles, such as Human Centered Design.
▪ Strong CSS and HTML understanding.
▪ Solid understanding of scrum/agile methodology.
▪ Experience designing for both web and mobile applications.
▪ Familiarity with Angular and Android Material Design.
Not needed but good to have:
• Front- and back-end development experience, building applications independently or
as part of a scrum team.
• Experience working in a start-up environment and/or smaller teams.
• Understanding of the supply chain and logistics industry.
• Experience with a design management system, such as Abstract.
What you will do?
As the Lead UI/UX Designer, you will have ownership and be responsible for the visual style
and user experience for ChainCargo’s products: for designing library components, building a design system and refining design patterns.
You will be part of the Product Team, which is led by the Product owner. You will work
together with the Product Owner, Business Analysts, other designers, and users to deliver
clear specifications for Development.
You will mentor the other designers and ensure that the user interface is delivered on time
with a consistent, beautiful and intuitive experience.
Your main responsibilities:
▪ To be the design lead for ChainCargo’s products: define and refine a distinctive style
that communicates the values of the company.
▪ To make beautiful user interfaces: prototype designs to deliver easy to
use and intuitive to understand UIs, that simplify complex needs while being great to
▪ To collaborate with everyone for a great product: work with the product owner and
business analysts to define requirements, gather and validate feedback from users,
defend design decisions to stakeholders and assist developers to build scalable and
▪ To be a passionate leader: drive improvement by building and leading a growing
design team of talented individuals, pushing for constant improvement in
people, the process and the product.
Are you up for the challenge?
Apply now and get involved in something great!
Send us your CV to email@example.com, with a short motivation letter telling us why
you want to join ChainCargo, and we will get in touch. And don’t forget to include your
portfolio in your application.
*The first interviews round will begin in the second week of January 2022.